Saturday, August 14, 2010

changes in latitude, changes in attitude

I've moved from coastal rain forest to semi-arid desert.

Less lush, uncontrolled plant growth and newts and delicate, dew-covered flowers

IMG_9285a


IMG_8535a

IMG_8848a



...and a lot more sagebrush, foxtail, ants, and darkling beetles.


IMG_0129a

IMG_0132a

IMG_0262a

I've gone from being the bread winner in the family to being unemployed. My dog went from almost constant access to a 5 acre yard to one of the mystical and dreaded Condo Collies(r).

IMG_0143a

IMG_0140a

This is my entire garden, now.


Yeah. Still adjusting.


On the bright side, the country around here is beautiful.

IMG_0235a

1 comment:

Retrieverman said...

I would have a hard time living in arid places.

I have a hard enough time in flat places.