Saturday, September 22, 2012

My Third Grade Voice

I've been doing this animal rescue thing for, what, ten years now? Started with volunteering as a dog walker at a shelter, and now I've worked my way up to starting my very own non-profit.

And from the beginning, I've scratched my head in honest confusion at pit bull haters.

I still don't get it. I truely, honestly, do not understand these people. Sometimes they make me angry, sometimes I feel like writing entire essays about or at them, sometimes to rant, sometimes to gently change minds.

And then, sometimes, I just feel like sticking my fingers in my ears, sticking out my tongue, and shouting "NEENER NEENER" at them.


"Neener neener! This dog I've been fostering for a month that needed expensive surgery is a pit bull mix! I've spent time and money on her, and now she's just been adopted by a really great (also, rich) family who have another pit bull and now she gets to live a long, happy life with lots of cuddles, walks, trips to the beach, and play times with another dog and kids and oh by the way HA HA, they live in a place where it's super unlikely that BSL will ever touch them! AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT! NEENER NEENER!"

You want to kill puppies like Jenga? Too bad for you.


IMG_5860a

1 comment:

Luisa said...

You totally, totally rock. That is all.