Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Some Thanksgiving Links

There's a reason this blog has been lacking in content recently, and soon I will tell you.

For now, here's some semi-random Thanksgiving related links for you.

This is very close to the 'pumpkin' pie recipe I use (for the last four years anyway, since I discovered delicata squashes). Guys. It is so much more delicious than canned pumpkin. If you're a fan of pumpkin pie, try making it from a delicata squash.

Food photography at its best. I want to fall into this picture and hang out/live in this rustic place.

Raising and slaughtering turkeys - the way it should be done.

I've never poached anything (hunting or cooking), but this photo of poached wild turkey makes my mouth water.

And here's a fully-random photo of my dad picking chanterelles on a very wet day Thanksgiving day in 2009.


Mushroom hunting with dad


Have a great week everyone.

No comments: