Friday, June 19, 2009

Boring technical note + slobber

My home computer died, and it was the only machine that had Photoshop. Until I (OK, I mean Tom) gets it fixed, all the .RAW photos on my camera are stuck in non-jpeg limbo.

Zelda is as upset as I am:

IMG_4806
(Photo by Tom)

Isn't that the most beautiful arc of slobber you've ever seen? The way it glistens in the light, forming a near-perfect half circle in the air. You know that a moment later it fell to earth, to be trampled and forgotten but for this image, this ghost of a memory. I think it speaks about the transience of life... or something.


(By the way, Zelda was so moved by that last paragraph that she started dancing):

IMG_4793
(Another photo by Tom DO YOU SEE WHAT I'M REDUCED TO?)


This better be resolved by next week. I'm going to the Inavale Horse Trials and I'd love to be able to, y'know, edit those pics in a timely fashion.

No comments: