Thursday, March 17, 2011

Another Foster Dog

It turns out I'm a sucker for that whole, "don't want this puppy anymore, you take him or I'll have him euthanized" method of becoming a foster home.



IMG_2077a_Buddy




IMG_2108a_Buddy




IMG_2100a_Buddy


Buddy is about 7 months old. He gets along with adults, children, other dogs, and cats. He walks nicely on leash, is crate trained, and mostly house trained. His favorite pastimes include cuddling on the couch, playing with other doggy friends, and making goofy faces. He'll be up for adoption from Mikey's Chance very soon. Get in line now, folks.

On a different note, this was the place where I was going to complain about having three medium to large sized dogs in an apartment. How crowded it was. Then my co-worker told me about a conversation she had recently with a homeless person she met at a gas station in town. He cares for two dogs, one of which just gave birth to a litter of puppies. They all live in a tent by the river.

Yeah. No more complaining about my spacious, central air-equipped, 2-bedroom living space.

1 comment:

jen said...

He's gorgeous! My gosh, I love him.

I too was complaining about my four dog life in a townhouse... then I saw the shelter set up in Japan for people and their pets, laying on blankets just happy to have each other. It's amazing what we take for granted.