Friday, August 14, 2009

blah blah blah about my dog again

I wish I'd brought my camera with me yesterday. I took Zelda to a company picnic. Best day of her life. There were people, and CHILDREN and a soccer BALL. Then the children started kicking the ball around for her. She was in heaven. And even during three hours of play she didn't knock over a single one of them, even the teeny tiny toddler that was wandering around (whenever he held his arms out for the ball, she would obediently bring it over and try to hand it to him gently but he didn't quite have the coordination or strength to grab it. It confused her a bit).

(My shame as a dog owner is not having broken her habit of jumping up to greet people. Luckily, she doesn't do this during play or I would never have let her run around loose with children.)

No comments: