Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I love my vet. They're close to where I live, all the staff are friendly and knowledgeable, they're not afraid to say "I don't know, but I can refer you to someone who probably does" (as with the case of my rats), and they're usually able to fit me in the day I call because I procrastinate with setting appointments.

They also reeeeally like my dog. This exchange happened yesterday during Zelda's exam:

Vet (to the tech in the room): "Look, I said 'sit' and she actually sat! A dog that obeys at the vet's, that's crazy! Here, watch this: 'sit'" (Zelda sits) "isn't that great?"

(later)

Vet: "She's is such good shape. She must get a lot of exercise."

Vet (calling the tech over): "Feel Zelda's butt muscles!"

She and the tech then proceeded to feel up my dog, a task made difficult by her furiously wagging tail and the fact she's trying to turn around and lick their faces.

Vet (to me): "She must do a lot of jumping."

Me: "Yeah, we do agility and she loves the Frisbee..."

Vet and vet tech together: "OMG, someone who actually DOES something
with their dog! Yay!"


IMG_4816

No comments: