Friday, August 21, 2009

Intruder!

Yesterday morning, literally just as we were walking out the door to leave for work, I hear this low moaning meow coming from the back of the house. It sounded like (and turned out to be) an unhappy cat. The neighbor's cat. Tucked in the corner of our office. We had left the kitchen door open all afternoon for the breeze, he must have come in and gotten trapped when we shut up the house at bedtime. I don't think he'll be making that mistake again.


IMG_6225


He looks content in this photo (yes, I had to take a picture. No, I don't know what's wrong with me). But he was actually quite upset. I also earned myself some extra idiot points for cornering a strange, scared cat and reaching for his face with my bare hand. Luckily his response was to run rather than rip my flesh open.

Ten minutes, two furniture moves, and one small stress-released poo later, and he was out of the house. And I was only a few minutes late for work.

No comments: